Megawide Foundation was established in 2012 to serve underprivileged Filipinos in communities where Megawide operates, and in areas where the company’s expertise and resources are needed.
Our goal is not only to deliver first-world projects, but to also help uplift communities and empower individuals.
We engineer a better future for underprivileged Filipinos by providing access to high-quality technical education and eco-friendly community-building.
To be the innovator in providing underserved Filipino communities with First-World solutions.
As part of our vision to engineer a first-world Philippines, the Foundation is committed to providing access to high quality technical education to underprivileged Filipino youth, partnering with like-minded institutions and NGOs for the following:
- Megawide Engineering Excellence College Scholarships – In partnership with PUP, TUP, & PLM. our flagship program which provides scholarships in Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering & Architecture to deserving disadvantaged youth. In line with our goal is to give our scholars everything they need to succeed in school and in life, we provide them with character formation and leadership development trainings, mentoring & learning tours with Megawide executives, engineers, and architects, as well as OJT and employment opportunities with Megawide Construction Corporation.
- Megawide-SKILLS Builder Program?– In partnership with the School for Knowledge in Industrial Labor, Leadership and Service (SKILLS) in Cebu City, the Foundation provides vocational scholarships to disadvantaged youth and adults in Carpentry, Masonry, and Tile-setting.
As part of our vision to engineer a first-world Philippines, the Foundation supports projects and initiatives which utilize innovative programs and technologies to promote sustainable community building. We partner with like-minded social enterprises and NGOs for the following:
- Megawide Eco-Brick Projects –?In partnership with Green Antz Builders, Megawide produces Eco-bricks and Eco-pavers made from recycled plastic waste and recycled Megawide construction waste. We are continually looking for innovative ways to recycle and/or upcycle our construction waste for re-use in community building projects.
- Megawide Sustainability Initiatives?–?As part of our commitment to sustainable business practices, the foundation commits to supporting sustainability initiatives that seek to recycle solid waste and rainwater as well as promoting the use of renewable energy for our various business units.
- Megawide Building Green Program?–?In partnership with PBSP (Philippine Business for Social Progress), the Foundation has adopted a 5 hectare portion of the Marikina Watershed. Since 2016, we have planted 3,125 indigenous fruit-bearing and non fruit-bearing seedlings.
655-1111 loc 711